Monday, December 08, 2008

Attn Blog Readers...New Fake Paypal Emails going around

Alright folks. It's time to get serious. Around this time of the year, the thieves who will rob you blind on the web are out in force. I will be posting a sample of an Ebay fraud email that I recently got which looked so real I almost clicked on it, but tonight we're talking PayPal.
PayPal is now an Ebay company. What does that mean? It means that they know your name and they will NEVER address you by the term PAYPAL MEMBER or what you see in these example images I am going to include below. Look these over carefully. If you've ever used PayPal or any service like it, these look legit. They are not. If you get one in your mailbox, do not, I repeat DO NOT click anythi
ng inside the email. If you do, you'll begin to regret it in about 10 minutes or less. It depends on how fast you can call your bank to cancel any credit cards you have linked anywhere on the web, because these folks will find you and rob you blind. I am not kidding about this. It's something I warn people about all the time, but once in a while I get that frantic call "HELP, MICHAEL, WHAT DO I DO?"

So to avoid having to call me for anything other than to sign up to do SEO business :) Please look over the following images and keep them fresh in your head the next time you're on the phone chatting, checking email and all of a sudden one pops up and you get distracted and click. You'll know that you were warned about it. If you do click, I will never say I told you so. I can help you, but you have to get in touch 
with me right away, after you unplug your computer from the network and shut it down.

Here's the emails. These are not samples. They are the real deal, but these are pictures of them.